Plastic additive manufacturing is a family of processes that produce parts layer by layer. One of these processes is 3D Printing. The designation of all AM processes with this term may be misleading.
Production steps :
- 3D drawing feasibility verification
- Material pick (potentially) given the geometry and purpose
- Definition of the parts orientation on the building Platform, optimization of the platform (the “job”) and (potentially) support structures generation
- Machine start and monitoring
- Parts removal and (potentially) firts post-processing steps
- Machine cleaning and condition check
The MMB plastics AM team is responsible for the maintenance of the entire machine park as well as for carrying research and technology actions jointly with R&T and QSE, e.g., technology Watch, new material testing and process optimization.